When the leads turn to dead ends and the job search gets tough, use these quotes to keep going and to create your dream job. The first set is about overcoming failure. The second set is about going with the slow and making progress to reach your goal. If you need guidance on goal-setting and visualizing your dream job, you can find ways to build your success mindset here.
Quotes to Keep Going After Failure
1. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
2. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison
3. “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, ‘press on’ has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.” Calvin Coolidge
4. “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” Lady Aberdeen
5. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” Albert Einstein
6. “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” Kobe Bryant
7. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston S. Churchill
8. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” Maya Angelou
9. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” Nelson Mandela
10. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
11. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” Helen Keller
12. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas A. Edison
13. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” J.K. Rowling
14. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” Suzy Kassem
15. “it’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” Zig Ziglar
Quotes to Keep Going When Progress is Slow
1. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.” Winston S. Churchill
2. “Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.” Ovid
3. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” Babe Ruth
4. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” James A. Michener
5. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” Anthony Robbins
6. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” Barack Obama
7. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” Frederick Douglass
8. “Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series or small things brought together.” Vincent Van Gogh
9. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds your plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step.” Lao Tzu
11. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.” Carl Sandburg
12. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small, manageable tasks and then starting on the first one.” Mark Twain
13. “Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you.” Heidi Johnson
14. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” Greg Kincaid
15. “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is, that one often comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher
Use these quotes to keep going when you feel defeated, rejected and like giving up. Good luck and don’t quit.
Free Printables for Vision Board and Instagram
See all of the printables here.
CEO stands for Chief Executive Officer, who determines and formulates policies and provide overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within guidelines set up by a...
This selection James Baldwin quotes is intended to remind you that no matter who you are and no matter what obstacles you face, you are a gift to this world. Baldwin, a prolific writer and social...